Do you have ambition, leadership experience and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Find out if you can apply.
We grant scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2020. We will publish a list of master’s programmes that are eligible for SI scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021 by 6 November 2019.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2019 – 15 January 2020.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 10-20 February 2020, follow the instructions below.
An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2020.
The competition for SI scholarships is very high. Usually 2-6 % of the applicants are awarded an SISGP scholarship. We recommend that you also look for other scholarship opportunities from your government, from organisations in your country, or from Swedish universities.
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to the Swedish universities in the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.